Adding speech/voice over to your movies:
For Professional and Business subscribers:
Magisto offers its users the ability to split any video clip* into A-roll and B-roll in order to create speech/voice over.
Here is how you do it:
- Once editing your movie, find a video clip (either on the existing footage already selected, or by adding new footage) that has prominent audio, such as speech, that you want to hear in your movie. This will be your A-roll. (make sure it is longer than 7 seconds).
- Trim it so it contains the entire audio section you want to hear.
- “Enable B-roll” (hover the cursor over the relevant clip. Click on the 3 dots icon and click "Enable B-roll ).
- You’ll see a bar that represent the audio of your clip.
- Drag and drop visuals (photos or other video clips) on the audio. These are B-roll clips that will be shown while hearing the audio.
*The video should be longer than 7 seconds and must have audio.
Magisto also has the ability to identify speech or other prominent audio and automatically enable B-roll for you. Below you may find instructions for how to create a video clip that will be automatically identified as speech by Magisto:
- Record yourself speaking to the camera in a quiet space.
- Capture additional Photos and Videos that illustrate your message.
- Go to Magisto and select the photos and videos as well as the video with the audio file you'd like to use in your movie.
- Magisto will automatically detect speech in your video and use that audio in your movie along side the B-roll footage.
Additional settings for automatically enabling B-roll: Professional and Business users actually have the option of manually selecting to have "Speech" in their movie during initial creation.
- Create your movie by going through the initial flow of selecting your footage, editing style, and soundtrack.
- Right before you select "Make my movie" you will click the link "adjust settings".
- A window will appear with several setting options, you will want to adjust the audio setting to "speech". This will prioritize the video clips original audio over the selected soundtrack/music.