When embedding movies on your website or blog post, you can control how the movie will appear on your page. Following are the main customization options:
- Play inline: The movie player will be placed directly on your page, in-line with your page content, and the movie will play right there.
- Open as popup: A thumbnail will be placed on your page. Clicking on it will open a full-screen player where the movie will play.
Video or Thumbnail size
Set the width and height of the player, in pixels (or the size of the thumbnail, if you selected "Open as popup").
- Keep aspect ratio: Maintain the width and height proportions to those of the movie. If you unselect it you can set the player to be any size and shape (although your movie will still maintain its shape).
- Fit to website: Don't set a specific size, but let the player use the available space on your page. This option is the most recommended to use with responsive pages that can be viewed in different browser sizes and/or mobile.
Controls other aspects of the player appearance and how the movie will play.
- Show controls: When unchecking this option, the user will not see the control bar (play, pause, length, quality, etc.). They can still play and pause the movie by clicking on it.
- Allow fullscreen: When unchecking, users won't be able to view this movie in full screen.
- Auto play: Automatically start playing this movie once the player loads. This is the default for Popup embeds (your movie will start playing as soon as the user clicks the thumbnail).
- Play in loop: Replay the movie once it ends.
You can preview how the player will look on your website. You can see the difference when you choose different options. Note that on this dialog the preview will not always show the actual size due to the limited area.