What is B-roll?
Have a video clip with important audio (speech, narration, valuable sound or music, etc.)? want to tell a story and show different footage while you speak?
By creating a B-roll, you'll be able to combine audio from one clip with related scenes or actions from other/different photos or video clips.
Your original clip (with audio) will be split into A-roll and B-roll, to allow you to create transitions between the shots/scenes:
A-roll is the primary audio and video of the original video clip with the original audio. B-roll is basically the supplemental footage used to visually support the A-Roll.
On Magisto - once creating a B-roll, you can use the original audio from the A-roll video clip, and add different footage (video and photos) to "visually support" the A-roll.
This is often used for adding speech/narration/voice-over.
How to add B-roll to my movie (Premium, Professional and Business users)?
- Once editing your movie, find a video clip (either on the existing footage already selected, or by adding new footage) that has prominent audio, such as speech, that you want to hear in your movie. This will be your A-roll. (make sure it is longer than 7 seconds).
- Trim it so it contains the entire audio section you want to hear.
- “Enable B-roll” (hover the cursor over the relevant clip. Click on the 3 dots icon and click "Enable B-roll ).
- You’ll see a bar that represent the audio of your clip.
- Drag and drop visuals (photos or other video clips) on the audio. These are B-roll clips that will be shown while hearing the audio.
* Kindly note that Magisto may identify speech or other prominent audio and enable B-roll for you automatically, during the movie creation process.
- You can trim to adjust the audio's beginning and ending.
- You can add or remove items (video clips and photos) from the B-roll.
- You can always disable the B-roll.