To add a Cutaway to your video:
1. Tap on the video you would like to add a Cutaway to.
2. Tap on “Edit” at the bottom left hand side.
3. Tap on the icon stack to view your Storyboard.
4. Find a video clip that has prominent audio, such as speech, that you want to hear in your video.
There are 4 conditions that must be met to create a B-roll sequence:
- The A-roll must be a video scene.
- The duration of your A-roll must be longer than 7 seconds.
- To extend the length of your video longer than 7 seconds, use thetrim tool.
- The video must contain an audio track.
- The duration of the B-roll must fit the A-roll's available space.
5. Drag and drop the supporting footage (photos or other video clips) on top of your chosen audio. These are Cutaway (B-roll) clips that will be shown while hearing the audio. Note that every time you drag and drop footage into the A-roll, Magisto will display the remaining footage duration you can add to the B-roll sequence.
6. Tap on “Done” to return to the scenes screen.
To remove a single piece of footage from your Cutaway:
To disable the Cutaway sequence:
1. Tap on the 3 dots of the A-roll and tap on “Split to scenes”:
Note: Magisto may identify speech or other prominent audio and enable a Cutaway for you automatically, during the movie creation process.
- You can trim to adjust the audio's beginning and ending.
- You can add or remove items (video clips and photos) from the Cutaway.
- You can always disable the Cutaway by tapping on “Split to scenes” as shown above.