To add a Cutaway to your video:
1. Tap on the video you would like to add b-roll to and tap on “Edit” at the bottom left hand side.
2. In your Story, find a video clip (either in the existing footage already selected, or by adding new footage) that has prominent audio, such as speech, that you want to hear in your video.
There are 4 conditions that must be met to create a Cutaway sequence:
- The A-roll must be a video scene.
- The duration of your A-roll must be longer than 7 seconds.
- The video must contain an audio track.
- The duration of the B-roll must fit the A-roll's available space.
To extend the length of your video longer than 7 seconds, use the trim tool.
3. Drag and drop the supporting footage (photos or other video clips) on top of your chosen audio. These are Cutaway (B-roll) clips that will be shown while hearing the audio. Note that every time you drag and drop footage into the A-roll, Magisto will display the remaining footage duration you can add to the Cutaway sequence. (see image on the left).
4. Tap on “Preview” once you're satisfied with the changes.
To remove a single piece of footage from your Cutaway:
To disable the Cutaway sequence:
1. Tap on the 3 dots of the A-roll and tap on “Split to scenes”: