The new Editor Timeline allows for access to specific moments in your video for easier and more precise editing. In this new interface, a timeline is displayed under each scene. In the timeline, you can scroll through the scene and trim it according to the frame. You can also set when your added text boxes and image overlays display within your video.
Each scene displays a timeline underneath the preview of the scene, which allows for easy and precise editing of every individual scene.
With the timeline bar you can:
- Zoom in and out of the timeline bar by pinching/spreading in order to condense/extend the bar. The zoom-in works on an incremental system and depends on the size of the clip in the scene.
- Shorten or extend the scene duration by tapping on the timeline bar until the green box appears and dragging it right or left. You will be able to see a preview of the beginning or end of the clip as you drag each side of the bar.
- Replace the scene, change the layout, mute, or remove the scene. To do this, tap on the timeline bar itself, a menu will pop up at the bottom of the screen.
*Remember to undo any action, tap on the back arrow located on the top of the screen.
Text and Stickers
To add text or image stickers at a specific time in your video, you can scroll through the timeline until you’ve reached your desired timestamp. You can add multiple stickers or text boxes in one scene. Once you’ve added more than one, you can also arrange them. To add text or a sticker:
- Tap on the down arrow to minimize the toolbar and then tap on the blue “plus” circle.
- Tap on “Text” or “Sticker”
- Type your desired text or choose your sticker from the gallery or from your camera roll (available to Business or Pro mobile purchases)
- Tap on "Done" in the top right corner. An orange bubble will appear on the timeline where you can drag each side to change the time when the text or sticker appears in the scene by long-pressing the text bubble above the timeline duration.
- Long press and drag the text or sticker itself on the scene to change its location.
- You can edit or remove the text or sticker using the popup toolbar at the bottom of the screen.
- To change the duration of the text or sticker you can either tap on the “auto duration” icon (available on an image scene, not a video clip scene) or set the length yourself
You can add a scene by tapping on the “plus” circle on the bottom of the screen. Tap on “New scene” and choose between photos and videos or a title scene.