During the editing process, you have the ability to add text and text slides (text blocks) to your video. The text will be displayed over an individual photo or a video clip, and the text slide will appear as a separate scene.
To add text:
1. Click on the scene you would like to add text to.
2. Click on “Text” at the top left hand side.
3. Add your message in the new window and click on “Done”. You can also highlight your text by highlighting your desired text and clicking on “Highlight”. (Note: You can add up to 10 text boxes per scene).
4. Your text will now appear in your scene which can be edited using the text panel at the right hand side. Make sure the text is selected to enable the text editing features.
5. To create special text effects, choose from our variety of animations by clicking on the arrow icon. Select your desired animation and click on the arrow once more to hide the options.
6. Adjust the scale of your text by moving the slider right or left. You can also manually enter the text size percentage to the right of the slider.
7. Select a font from our supported fonts list and align the text within the text box by clicking on the Align Left, Align Center or Align Right options .
8. Choose your text color, background color and Background opacity in the final step. To enable the background color you must increase the background's opacity.
9. Highlight specific words in your text scene with the highlight tool.
A) Double click on the text in your scene.
B) Select the specific parts of your text by highlighting it with your mouse, click on highlight and then click on “Done”.
c) You'll be able to change the highlighted text color in the panel on the right hand side:
To edit text:
1. At the top of each text box, you will find an additional editing menu. Click on the 3 dots to see the dropdown menu:
2. If you have multiple text boxes, you can move the text box to the top or bottom position by clicking on the following icons:
3. Click on “Copy” to copy the displayed text. You can paste the text in the same or different scene by using CNTRL + V on your keyboard or COMMAND + V on a Mac. (the keyboard shortcuts will be displayed to the right of each action in the dropdown menu).
4. Duplicate your text by clicking on “Duplicate” in the dropdown menu:
5. Delete your text box by clicking on “Delete” in the dropdown menu.
6. Click on “Edit” to change your text.
Were you looking for our iOS or Android instructions?